Pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding can lead to lasting physical changes in the body’s appearance that may not be sufficiently corrected with dieting, exercise, and other lifestyle changes. After having a child or multiple children, women commonly develop the following changes in their physique:
- Drooping breasts/stretched breast skin
- Loss of breast volume
- Areas of stubborn excess fat
- Excess abdominal skin
- Stretched or torn abdominal muscles
- Torn, protruding, or stretched labia
For many women, restoring the figure they desire after having children involves the help of an experienced plastic surgeon like Carrie Houssock, MD at JEV Plastic Surgery & Medical Aesthetics. Dr. Houssock can use a single procedure or combination of multiple procedures to achieve satisfying, potentially long-term improvements in the appearance of the breasts, body, and/or external female genitalia. When multiple procedures are recommended and included in a comprehensive surgical plan, it is often referred to as a mommy makeover. Procedures performed to enhance the physique during a mommy makeover may include:
- Breast lift surgery (with or without the placement of breast implants) can elevate and reshape breasts to create firmer, more youthful-looking breasts.
- Liposuction can remove excess fat and re-sculpt body contours for a leaner, more toned appearance.
- Tummy tuck can remove excess abdominal skin and fat, while also tightening/repairing abdominal muscles for a smoother, leaner, tighter-looking midsection.
- Labiaplasty can repair and/or contour the labia to improve physical comfort and enhance its appearance.
- Non-surgical body contouring options can reduce areas of localized fat (CoolSculplting®), rejuvenate the skin (Vivace™ RF microneedling), and achieve cellulite reduction (Endermologie®).
Once the body stabilizes after child birth—usually this occurs after a minimum of six months postpartum—Dr. Houssock can meet with you during a personal consultation to discuss your concerns and goals, examine your body, review your medical history, discuss treatment options, and determine a customized treatment plan. Depending on the procedures included in your plan, your surgeon may recommend a phased approach or suggest a single operation during which multiple procedures can be completed. The majority of mommy makeover patients are thrilled with the beautiful, natural-looking results they are able to achieve with the help of our plastic surgeon.
If you are considering a mommy makeover to restore your pre-baby figure, please contact JEV Plastic Surgery & Medical Aesthetics to schedule a consultation with our experienced plastic surgeon.